Serving Herkimer, NY since 1895

We are a place that serves our community in its pursuit of knowledge, information, and personal growth.




WASHBURN COMMUNITY ROOM


The Washburn Meeting Room in the Frank J. Basloe Library was established in 1974, at the same time the current library building was being converted into a library space. Funding was provided by a local group of residents comprising the Washburn Corporation, which owned an old building on Court Street where women’s organizations met for many years. This building was closed at the same time the old Herkimer library building closed due to similar safety and maintenance concerns. The Washburn Corporation is no longer in existence, but The Washburn Meeting room continues to be heavily used by the community.


Washburn Room request forms are available here or at the library, and must be approved by the library director.